2019-20 La Jolla FSC Junior Board
2020-21 Junior Board to be Announced July 16
President Ava Plummer
Vice President Zoe Camino
Secretary Aurora Delos Reyes
Treasurer Jasmin Detra
Junior Board meetings are usually held the first Saturday of each month at 8 a.m. Until the rink re-opens for Skate School, meetings will be conducted online. Check with a Junior Board member for schedule changes. All club members ages 18 and under may observe!
Our Junior Board is a small but dedicated team of La Jolla Figure Skating Club members in grades 7 through 12 who
• volunteer at the La Jolla Open and other club events.
• communicate between our school-age skaters and the board.
• encourage new skaters to join the club.
• plan events that make our skating community more fun, friendly, and supportive of every skater's experience.
Click to View Images
The La Jolla Open was cancelled in May 2020. In 2019, Junior Board made the La Jolla Open possible, working more shifts than all other volunteers combined!
• held two public skate nights: Pajama Night in the fall, and Neon Skate in the spring.
• hosted the club holiday party at Boomers!
• made pet blankets to donate to the San Diego Humane Society on behalf of the club.
Junior Board also raises funds to benefit club members and to donate to charity on behalf of La Jolla FSC. In 2019, they:
• sold flowers at the La Jolla Open for family and friends to congratulate their skaters.
• sold hot cocoa and homemade cookies at the UTC Ice holiday show.
• sold Pura Vida bracelets in La Jolla FSC's signature aqua, blue, and black colors.
Junior Board meets one Saturday a month at 8 a.m. All skating members under age 18 are welcome to attend Junior Board meetings—just don't delay their work!
Junior Board members are selected each summer by a special committee of the La Jolla Figure Skating Club Board of Directors, none of whom have relatives on the current Junior Board or applying to join Junior Board.
Eligible members who intend to apply for Junior Board are encouraged to attend and volunteer at club events throughout the preceding year, and to sit in at Junior Board meetings when possible.
For more information about Junior Board, talk to a Junior Board member or our Junior Board advisor Jillon Augustine.